As an Information Technology Consultant (ITC) you will participate in consulting, programming, planning and coordinating the IT requirements of Genesis projects. The ITC is responsible to identify IT project requirements of the clients. The ITC will work with the project design team members in user group meetings and planning work sessions. The ITC will coordinate IT infrastructure and related equipment specifications and coordinate with vendors, design team members including architects, engineers and other consultants for the completion of construction documents. The ITC will also be responsible for the preparation of drawings, reports, schedules and budgets for the planned IT infrastructure and equipment.
Position reports to: Senior Project Manager- Low Voltage Systems & Acoustics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Master all duties and responsibilities of Information Technology Consultant
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and technology requirements
• Devise an in-depth strategy to address each client’s IT project requirements.
• Evaluate and develop recommendations for IT infrastructure and equipment to be utilized in client projects
• Set up the technological infrastructure with the client’s technology staff to ensure proper training to maintain the technology
• Provide equipment specifications, utility requirements information, and related considerations during the design process to insure the correct development of final construction documentation.
• Coordinate with design team on placement of plates, switches, pathways (cable tray, conduit, firestop etc.).
• Serve as a Project Lead or Project Manager on assigned projects
• Provide IT power, thermal and other IT related requirements to design team.
• Coordinate processes and schedule verifications that all low voltage as well as medical equipment has required data connectivity.
• Communicate with vendors and provide purchasing information for the procurement of IT requirements.
• Develop and update budgets for project IT equipment requirements
• Set daily and long-range priorities and timelines to meet established project deliverables
• Review project drawings and coordinate equipment utility requirements for the development of architectural and engineering plans.
• Communicate IT equipment requirements, pricing, project phases, and related information between the project team, owner-designated personnel, vendors, architects and contractors.
• Conduct or manage inventory of project IT equipment to determine potential reuse and/or retirement of equipment.
• Request site specific vendor drawings to coordinate with IT plan.
• Generate, maintain and quality check IT, low voltage and other related drawings
• Create project IT equipment reports for client and architect/engineer use, according to established standards and guidelines.
• Participate in procurement and inventory activities as needed.
• Create, update and submit quality control, status, pricing, budgets change orders, etc. reports
• Participate in the construction administrative phase site visits and produce job field reports and punch lists.
• Participate in final walk through of project upon completion along with client and company’s procurement and logistics personnel.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of emerging information technologies and products
• Develop, implement and maintain ongoing Best Practices.
• Travel will be required.
• Continue education through seminars and participation in professional organization activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field with a minimum 5 years of IT consulting experience, ideally with health care planning experience
- RCDD certification
- Knowledge and understand architectural and design schedules and the ability to coordinate IT planning with building design and construction
- Knowledge and understanding of the construction industry is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with healthcare and design professionals and clients.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge or proficient in MS Project, AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Working knowledge of integration of Audio/Visual, Security and other Low Voltage Systems
- Knowledge of Data Center Design desired
- Knowledge of OSP Design desired
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field with a minimum 5 years of IT consulting experience, ideally with health care planning experience
Submit Resume to Joanne Cooke: firstname.lastname@example.org