Carolina Board of Trustees approved the plan to build a new $385 million, 625,000 sf Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion facility.
The hospital and pavilion will be the newest inpatient hospital care facility for the Medical University of South Carolina community.
Some of the major components of the new facility will include:
• 200 beds
• 79 bed NICU with couplet care
• PICU and PCICU
• Cancer and blood disorder clinic and inpatient unit
• Labor and delivery unit
• Children’s emergency services
• Women’s specialty services
• OR platform including: 8 ORs inclusive of 2 CVORs, 2 Cath Labs/EP, MRI, Minor Procedure rooms and Endoscopy and IR room
• Diagnostic Imaging
Charleston, South Carolina